Streaming from the original version of the Livestream Broadcaster is no longer supported. Please contact support with any questions.
- Broadcaster Pro
There are a number of USB 3G/4G modems that will work out-of-the-box with the Broadcaster and Broadcaster Pro. For modems that do not automatically work, you can do a custom configuration. Below you'll find some information on what you need in order to set it up.
Broadcaster Firmware v. 1.1.0 and higher is compatible with GSM, CDMA, Composite, and Ethernet type modem interfaces.
GSM: This method is most widely used with later USB modems. And can be set up by adjusting the settings shown below:
- CID: Profile ID saved on the modem of default connection settings. Generally, it need not be changed and the default setting  can be used.
- APN: This setting changes from carrier to carrier and can be found either on your provider's website or by contacting your provider. Example: T-Mobile 4G LTE APN setting would be: "epc.tmobile.com".
- PIN: The PIN is usually not configured by the carrier. Only change if you have activated it in the past.
- Authentication type: Typically using the "Auto" option will work. If "Auto" doesn't work, contact your provider for any authentication details.
- Auto: Automatically authenticates device.
- PAP: Password authentication Protocol
- CHAP: Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (aka HDR)
CDMA / Composite: The CDMA/Composite options can be used with older modems.
- Initialization 1 & 2: This value is specific to the modem. Please contact your service provider for information on this option.
- Number: The number used as part of the dialing initialization used during connection. Please contact your service provider for this information.
Example of a custom configuration using a Sierra Wireless Modem:
GSM Configuration Mode for Sierra 320U (Telstra - Australia):
Composite configuration mode (For older modem):