Livestream Audience Booster is a powerful tool that enables the distribution of live and recorded video at a massive scale, delivering your video in real-time as embeddable advertisements on premium online publications. It's available as an add-on feature for Enterprise customers.
Our experts provide a detailed demonstration below.
Visit boost.livestream.com or contact our sales team to get started. Below are frequently asked questions regarding Livestream Audience Booster campaigns.
How do I boost a campaign?
Log in at boost.livestream.com with your existing Livestream account credentials, and all of your upcoming events will be populated in your Livestream Audience Booster dashboard. Choose which event to boost, customize the ad by uploading your own custom graphic to the unit, CTA and URL, and then go to the next page. Choose how many viewers you’d like to reach, the duration of boost, geography, and interest targets. When you’re ready, hit BOOST and you're set. When it goes live you'll be able to view those analytics in real-time and the sites that are hosting your event on Analytics, a new button that will appear under the event you boosted. Remember, you’ll need to boost at least 2 hours in advance of your event, or it won’t let you boost. On the Analytics page, you can pause or cancel your event once boosted.
When can I boost my campaign?
Campaigns must be boosted on a weekday AND 2 hours in advance, as they need to be audited. That's not to mean that you can't boost a weekend campaign, it simply needs to be set up on the Friday before to be audited.
Is there any way to allocate more views to a boosted event once it's been started, without canceling it and restarting?
Not through the platform; however, there are two options. You can either cancel the original event and re-boost with the new amount of views you would like to allocate to your event OR you can email email@example.com and we will manually adjust for you, assuming you have enough views purchased in your account.
I canceled my Boost campaign, but am not seeing those unused views in my account. Where did they go?
It can take up to 30 minutes for refunds to be credited to your account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not see the credits after 30 min.
Can views be broken up in increments?
Views can be used in any denomination, at least 5,000 per event.
Do credits have an expiry date?
Credits expire after one year.
How do I allocate a certain number of views for a multiple-day campaign?
- For the best results, use the custom date picker when setting up the boost to be during the first time you’re live. When it’s over, you can go in and re-boost the campaign by mousing over the COMPLETED button and then re- boost it with the new number of views for the next time you’re live. Keep doing so for each segment that you want.
- You could also pause the campaign under Analytics and then start it back when you’re live again, pause and restart.
What kind of analytics do you see when you boost a livestream?
- We track the following...
- Viewers: At least 5 seconds, 100% in view
- Engaged viewers: Moused over video and watched for over 5s 100% in view OR un-muted OR clicked to watch at your site
- Engagement Rate: Percentage of viewers engaged
- Average time spent: Average amount of time viewer watched while 100% in view
- Number of clicks to landing page (if you have a CTA to a destination URL)
The Boost categories on the page are a bit limited. Can we target individual sites or other general interests?
- If you boost your campaign and email email@example.com 24 hours prior to your event, we can tailor to your preferred sites and targeted interests.
- If you provide a list of sites you’re interested in your event appearing on, we can push on those sites if available within our inventory, or ones like those. We will automatically be cutting out any sites that do not perform well during the event, and weigh the well-performing sites into rotation for future campaigns.
- If you purchase a viewer package over 100k viewers, we can also re-target those viewers who engaged with your past events. We will add 10% of the number of viewers you purchase in re-targeted viewers as a value add to those packages.
Is Audience Boost analytics separate from Livestream analytics?
Yes, Audience Boost has separate analytics for the paid distribution only, available on your dashboard at boost.livestream.com. Boost analytics are tied to the unit housing the player and only count viewers when they are watching for at least 5 seconds in view, including VOD. Livestream Analytics are tied to the player itself, and counting views when it’s live and streaming.