Enterprise customers can use a third-party service called Cleeng to create a paywall to their live events.
What is Cleeng?
Cleeng, the most advanced digital e-commerce platform for online video, safeguards LIVE concerts, sporting events, conferences and many more.
As a Enterprise Livestream user, you can easily integrate with Cleeng to monetize your Livestream events. You can create your first pay-per-view within just 2 minutes, and it’s entirely free to start. Cleeng takes care of all steps of your online event experience. Find out more about Cleeng Pay-Per-View for live streaming.
- Sell your LIVE events or videos on any device worldwide, including iOS using HTML5, directly from your website or external pages.
- Offer a wide choice of payment methods to your customers, adapted dynamically per price point and user location.
- Generate incremental revenue: create reg-walls to profile your visitors, pay-per-view, metered, bundles, and/or subscriptions.
- Grow your audience and your profits by nurturing social sharing strategies, easily granting coupons, and having access to advanced reporting dashboards.
- Save time & money - it is already built specifically and works immediately.
- Benefit from the highest protection and user experience standards.
How to set up Cleeng with Livestream
First, sign up for a Cleeng account by going to livestream.cleeng.com. This will redirect you to the page shown below.
When you complete the sign-up process, click on ‘Live event,’ then ‘Create new live event’ to start inputting in the information for your first event.
Add further event details. Is this a paid event (i.e., Are you monetizing it?), or is it a free event (i.e., Define the price. Decide upon global or geo-blocked access.
Next, you will need to incorporate your embed code from your Livestream event page. Make sure you see Livestream as your streaming platform. Then click on ‘Yes’ - this will reveal the space for pasting your embed.
Go to your Livestream account. Navigate to the event you plan to sell with Cleeng and click the Editor icon.
Scroll down and click ‘Privacy’ to adjust privacy settings. (Please note this option is only for Enterprise Livestream users). Put the following settings in place:
- Hide your event from search and from livestream.com
- Allow embedding
- And restrict the embed domain to *.cleeng.com/*
This is needed to make sure that your event - especially if you offer a paid event - is accessed only by the viewers who actually purchased the ticket.
Save your settings and click on ‘Share’ button in the upper right corner of your event page.
Click on 'Embed' and copy your embed. Don’t worry about the player’s size - Cleeng will adjust it on their end automatically.
Head back to your Cleeng event, paste the embed and click on ‘Next.'
Edit the rest of your event settings, and hit ‘Update’ button to go with your event pre-booking page online.
This is an example of a pre-booking page created with Cleeng. Once customers purchase, they will be able to access your Livestream from the same page.