Note: You must be running Android version 4.0 or higher in order to install the Livestream app on Android devices.
- You can sign up and log in.
- Manage your Livestream Account (Create, delete, publish events)
- Create event posters from iPhone photos
- Stream live using your device camera and microphone directly.
- Post Photos, Video, and Status updates which appear in real-time on your event page (Live blogging)
- Stream using a Wi-Fi enabled GoPro Camera (iOS only)
- Moderate comments during live events and on archived posts
- Control Livestream Broadcaster products remotely
- Use your iPhone or iPad as a remote camera source in Livestream Studio
The red Go Live button will open your camera. You can also do this by tapping the camera icon in the upper right corner of any screen.
Note: Portrait 16:9 view is only available on the iOS version of the app at this time. Both Android and iOS devices are able to open the camera when holding the device in landscape mode.
You can either go live immediately to a new event that is populated for you automatically, or touch the down-arrow to the right to select a pre-existing event.
Below the event title, from left to right, are
- Start/End time settings - By default, your new event is set for the current time
- Category - You can leave your event uncategorized, or give it a category and tags to make it more easily discoverable.
- Location - Lets you either pick a location or uses location services to find you. This is turned off by default.
Tap the red button to go live. Your camera will immediately start streaming and you can easily chat with your audience using the text field at the bottom.
The upper right corner shows more information about your stream at the top of the screen, such as your bitrate. You can also turn on your flash, mute your microphone, and flip to your front camera view.
Below your camera view are your Share, Photo, and Post options. Share will allow you to share your event to other channels (SMS, Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Photo snaps a picture of the current frame and allows you to post it to your event page. Post allows you to post a status update or upload a photo from your device's photo library.
Press the red square icon to end streaming. You will then be able to post the video on demand to your event page.
After posting your video, you can view it on your event page. If you streamed to a new event, you can add an event poster photo directly from your phone (or upload a new one to an existing event.)