Important: Capture devices that connect via USB 2.0 are not compatible with Livestream Studio.
Here is a full list of supported capture devices:
- Blackmagic Decklink SDI**
- Blackmagic DeckLink SDI 4K
- Blackmagic DeckLink Duo**
- Blackmagic DeckLink Duo 2
- Blackmagic DeckLink Quad**
- Blackmagic DeckLink Quad 2
- Blackmagic DeckLink Optical Fiber**
- Blackmagic DeckLink Studio**
- Blackmagic DeckLink Studio 4K
- Blackmagic DeckLink HD Extreme 3D**
- Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme
- Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G - Quad SDI
- Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Pro
- Blackmagic DeckLink Mini-Recorder (capture only)
- Blackmagic DeckLink Mini-Monitor (playback only)
- Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K
- Magewell Pro Capture AIO
- Magewell Pro Capture HDMI
- Magewell Pro Capture Quad HDMI
- Magewell Pro Capture SDI
- Magewell Pro Capture Quad SDI
- Magewell Pro Capture Mini HDMI
- Magewell Pro Capture Mini SDI
- Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder (capture only)
- Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor (playback only)
- Blackmagic UltraStudio 3D**
- Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K
- Blackmagic UltraStudio Express
- Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt
- Blackmagic Intensity Extreme**
Blackmagic Design does not currently offer capture devices that connect via Thunderbolt 3.
Please make sure you are plugging Thunderbolt capture devices into a ports that have a Thunderbolt logo; oftentimes, these can be confused with display ports.
- Blackmagic UltraStudio Pro
- Blackmagic UltraStudio SDI
- Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0
- Blackmagic ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher2**
- Blackmagic ATEM 2 M/E Production Switcher2**
- Magewell USB Capture HDMI
- Magewell USB Capture SDI
Blackmagic USB 3.0 encoding devices are not supported on all machines. In particular, motherboards with an Intel X79 chipset do not support Blackmagic USB 3.0 devices. Please see Blackmagic Design's notes about USB 3.0 system requirements.
Studio does not utilize the individual inputs on the production switcher. Studio can ingest the output from these production switchers via USB 3.0.
**Product is no longer available. However, it is still compatible with our software if you already own it.
The following Blackmagic Design products do not work with Livestream Studio since they connect via USB 2.0:
- H.264 Pro Recorder
- ATEM Television Studio
- ATEM Production Studio 4K
- ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K
- ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K
- ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K
If you would like to connect one of the ATEM 4K switchers to Studio, it is recommended to utilize one of their video outputs (HDMI, SDI, etc.) into a Blackmagic Capture device that is supported.